Saturday, July 31, 2010

Additives in Food Aren't Good For Us

My children not only have food allergies, but they are also sensitive to so many foods including additives and dyes. Their symptoms include irritability, over-emotional reactions, fatigue, and diarrhea. The foods they are sensitive to do not show up as an allergy on an IgE test. Many of the kids that I work with also have the same problem, but because they have developmental delays it is harder for them to tell us they have a tummy ache or we just blow off their tantrums as part of the developmental delay. The truth is that many of the processed foods, additives, and chemicals that are a part of our diet aren't good for any of us. I try my best to buy organic foods as well as natural products without trans-fats, dyes, yeast, and other additives; but to say that it is easy to do this would be a lie. It does mean that I spend a lot of time reading labels and investigating products on the internet before I go shopping. One website that has provided me with some great information is Feingold:

Feingold

Since 75% of our immune system is in our gastro-intestinal tract it makes since to treat it right and eat natural products without all of those additives!

No comments:

Post a Comment